Monday, February 16, 2009

Cooper's Big Hair Cut


It has been awhile since Cooper had his last hair cut. His hair was getting so long that we couldn't even spike it up. We decided he was due for a hair cut and our good friend Karla came over to do the job. Here is the 'before' picture. As you can see it was so long we could put it in a pony tail.

The last time we had Cooper's hair cut we put him in the sink and he sat still. So, this time we did the same thing. I stripped him down to his birthday suit and threw him in the kitchen sink with a popcicle.

Karla was so awesome. She just hopped up onto the counter to reach every angle of Cooper's head. I'm telling you naked in the sink is the way to go! There was no screaming and no crying. Just a happy baby.


I just love Cooper's little face in this picture. He must have gotten a little too much hair in his mouth.


This picture was taken a couple of weeks later. (Cooper stole Mike's ice cream cone.) As you can see we cut off all of his hair. What do you think?

3 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Wow, his hair was long. The things we have to do to get a toddler to hold still! The cut looks cute on him, way to go Karla!

Karla said...

I just cut Ethans hair and we gave him a lolly pop. Not the best idea. Sticky hair, sink, carpet and walls. I am going for the popsicle next time too.

Carrie Hazar said...

Congrats on your baby news too! I had to do a double take when I read your blog comment. So does that make you due sometime in August or September? That was not good planning on our part...surviving the AZ summer pregnant does not sound very fun! How far apart will Cooper and the new baby be? We'll be thinking pink around here and hopefully some of it will rub off on you!